Monday, 2 July 2012

Mac Pro Longwear Foundation And Concealer Review!

Hi Everyone!
Today I want to do a review on my Mac Pro Longwear Foundation and Concealer. Enjoy!
 First I will talk about the foundation. I have this in NC15 which is a pretty much perfect match.
The packaging I really like. It has a glass bottle and a plastic top which you turn, allowing you to pump out the product.
What Mac say about this product is:
A long-wear foundation that gives up to 15 hours of wear in any environmental condition. Lightweight and creamy, applies smoothly to provide sheer to medium coverage. Even in hot and humid conditions, controls oil to keep skin fresh, natural and flawless. Provides everyday SPF protection.
 The foundation like Mac say is quite creamy. I do however think it has a medium but buildable coverage which I love, however it depends on how you apply it which can alter the coverage. It is also very easy to blend - I like using my Real Techniques Buffing or Stippling brush for this foundation.
 So as you can tell my skin is quite uneven and also red without any make-up (except moisturiser) on it.
 However, with one layer of this foundation you can see that it has cancelled out most redness and has evened out my skin really well. 
It leaves the skin with a natural finish which I particularly love. I have also heard that other Mac foundations are very heavy. However I think the Pro Longwear is lightweight and very natural looking.
Mac claim this foundation lasts 15 hours which I think is relatively accurate as I apply it at 7.30am (set it with powder) and I don't re-touch it throughout the day and it is still on at 8pm! 
Quite Impressive!
Although it lasts a long time, Mac do say it controls oil. I would say after about 8 hours, my nose and forehead have started to get oily (I have combination skin) so this claim isn't quite as accurate as it could be.
This foundation is £22.50 and is a 30ml bottle. A bottle lasts me about 6 months which I think is really good considering I apply it most days.
It also doesn't break me out which is a huge bonus since I have very problematic skin! 
Since the finish is quite natural, I probably wouldn't recommend this foundation for very oily skin types or very dry skin types, maybe just dry/normal to normal/combination.
 Next the concealer. The Mac Pro Longwear Concealer is £13.50 and is a 9ml bottle, I have it in NC15. The packaging is similar to the foundation, glass bottle, plastic top with a pump dispenser.
This is what Mac says about this product:
A lightweight fluid concealer that provides medium to full coverage with a comfortable, natural matte finish. Colour-true formula lasts up to 15 hours. Helps conceal and correct the look of under-eye circles, and discolorations. Comes in a clear glass vial with a matte black pump.
I would say this concealer is quite lightweight and has a medium coverage. However like the foundation I would say you could build it up. The finish is matte, but I like this for concealing under eye circles. The concealer also lasts a very long time like the foundation and is easy to apply and blend - I like to use my ring finger to blend this out and then my Mac 217 to blend out the edges with my foundation.
In this picture I only have the Mac Pro Longwear foundation on. My dark under eye circles still show through.
 However, now that I have applied the concealer, the darkness is instantly cancelled out. Although they are not completely gone, they look natural and have made my eyes look brighter. I love this concealer as it is the perfect colour for under my eyes and helps cover my dark circles without creasing or looking cakey. It is also a great concealer for when I have a big, angry spot and want to cover it - it cancels out the redness really well.
However, this concealer has one major let down which is really disappointing - the pump!
I personally think a pump for such a small bottle is bound to have problems, and this one does! It is very uncontrollable and if you accidentally do one full pump, you basically get enough product to cover your face! Once you get used to the pump though, you can sometimes manage half a pump which I find plenty for under my eyes (I like to take my concealer onto my lid). However, you do end up wasting product which is a big shame.
To help combat this I use a little travelling container and try to do 1/2 a pump into the container. This way, if I accidently to one full pump, i'll use half and then the next day use the rest.

So that is my review on the Mac Pro Longwear Foundation and Concealer. I love both of these products so much and will continue to re-purchase them.

I do however would like to try out some new foundations as I have been using Mac Pro Longwear foundation for 1 1/2 years! But I am now torn between NARS Sheer Glow, a Chanel foundation or the Smashbox Studio Skin foundation (when it is released in Boots) Please let me know what you think in the comment box below - I need your help!!!

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this review and found it helpful.
Claire xx


2 comments:

  1. Oh i do love MAC! I recently bought the studio sculpt foundation and i was really impressed! loving your blog by the way, check mine out if you get a sec :)

    allthatjazzle.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I love Mac too! And thank you for your comment and following, I have just checked out your blog and it's great...from your June purchases post, I have the same spiked bracelet from Topshop :)

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete