Tuesday, 24 July 2012

Liz Earle Try-Me Kit Review!

Hi Everyone!
This is a review on the Liz Earle Try-Me Kit for 'Normal/Combination skin', which I got about 2 weeks ago.
The lady at the counter thought I would be best with this one as she thought 'I definitely didn't look oily', even though I told her I do get an oily t-zone and have regular breakouts.

So the kit costs £23.25 and contains a 30ml Cleanse and polish, 2 muslin clothes, a 50ml Instant Boost Skin Tonic, a 15ml Skin Repair Moisturiser and a 15ml Brightening Treatment Mask. I think the sizes are great for trying out the products before you buy the full sized ones, or for travelling at it is a pretty small bag they come in.

First I will talk about the 'multi-award winning' Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser.
Many of you may have heard about the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish as it is so popular. I had heard amazing things about this item so had high expectations. 
The booklet you get with the kit says;
"This rich cream deeply cleanses, removing all traces of daily grime and make up. The pure muslin cloth gently dislodges dead skin cells to leave skin clear and smooth"
As you can see from the picture above, the cream is rich and quite thick, which I wasn't expecting at first. The 2 muslin clothes you get have a slight grainy texture which helps remove dead skin cells. 
I use this morning and night on dry skin, which I had to get used to as I have always used a cleanser on wet skin. It almost feels like you are rubbing in a moisturiser, however it doesn't quite sink into your skin. I then take one of my muslin clothes, rinse it in warm water, and gently, in circular motion, take off the cleanser. 
After, my skin does look much cleaner and refreshed. At night, the cleanser does do a good job at removing my make up, however it may leave a bit of mascara around my eyes. 
Out of the kit, this product is by far my favourite. It doesn't dry out the skin, yet does a really good job of cleansing it.

Next is the Instant Boost Skin Tonic.
The booklet says that this product is;
"A heavenly floral-scented toner with conditioning natural source vitamin E to revitalise, soothe and brighten"
The Skin Tonic looks like water and does have a nice floral and fresh scent. However, I can't really say that this product made much difference to my skin. Yes it was nice and refreshing after the Cleanse and Polish, but other than that I didn't notice anything else it did. 
I was using it morning and night on a cotton wool pad and sweeping it over my face, like the kit suggests. But now I just take a bit on a cotton wool pad and swipe it over my eyes to remove any mascara that the Cleanse and Polish didn't get.

Now the Skin Repair Moisturiser for Normal/Combination skin. 
This is what the booklet says about this product;
"Rich in naturally active ingredients, this moisturiser helps hydrate and condition skin for a healthy-looking skin"
At first, this moisturiser was really nice to use. It was very hydrating and did give my skin a glow. However, after using it for about a week, I felt that my skin was breaking out more than usual. I don't know for sure it was this moisturiser, but since I stopped using it and swapped to a different moisturiser, my skin has cleared up a lot.
I think that the moisturiser is really nice for more mature skin, but on mine, I just think it was a little to rich and heavy.

And last but by no means least, the Brightening Treatment Mask.
 
The booklet says that...
"This fast-acting 'minute' mask for dull skin instantly revitalises skin and gives it a natural radiance"
I'm honestly not 100% sure the claims for this products are correct.Yes it is a 'minute' mask, but I can't really see a whole load of difference to my skin.
I use this 2-3 times a week, leave it for about 2 minutes, and then wipe it off using a wet muslin cloth. The texture is quite thin for a mask and has very small grains which you can hardly feel on your face.
This may bake a bit of difference to my skin, but even if I stop using it, I don't think my skin will look or feel any different. Yes it is nice to use but I won't be repurchasing this one.

On the whole, I am really pleased I tried this kit out. Although not all the products worked for me, I would still urge people, who have normal skin, to try the kit. If I were to repurchase a kit again, I would definitely go for the combination/oily skin version as I think it would work better with my skin.
I may repurchase the Cleanse and Polish in the future as I do really like it, but for now, after I have used the Cleanse and Polish up, I will go back to my previous cleanser which is cheaper and did work well for me.

I hope you guys enjoyed this review and found it helpful. Let me know if you have ever tried these kits out or if you use a Liz Earle products!
Have a great week.
Love,
Claire xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment