Monday, 30 July 2012

Essence My Skin Mattifying Cream Review!

Hi Everyone!
I mentioned the Essence My Skin Mattifying Cream in my last post (July Favourites) and so I thought I would do a review on it.
I got this a few weeks ago on holiday in Majorca along with the tinted moisturiser for €2.49, if I remember correctly.
The packaging is quite cute but as you can see in the picture above, the label is a bit misplaced. On the packaging it says you get 50ml of product, it also describes the cream as "light-weight, with a long-lasting mattifying effect, specially formulated for the needs of combination skin"
On the box it comes in, it says the cream is "enriched with lychee and blue grape" and "supplies skin intensively with moisture and leaves skin naturally soft and smooth". 
Inside, the actual product is a very light pink. However, when put onto skin, it looks clear and has a gel-like consistency. 

I'm really enjoying using this product. I have combination skin and although it isn't the most hydrating moisturiser, it certainly doesn't dry out my skin. It absorbs really well, leaving no residue which is what I found with the Liz Earle moisturiser. It also leaves my skin looking more matte, like it claims to do. It is extremely light-weight, which is probably what I love most about this moisturiser. It also hasn't broken me out which is great due to it being oil free. The cream also has UVA/UVB filters which is an added bonus!
It does have a scent, which isn't unpleasant, but personally i'm not a massive fan of it. I definitely prefer the scent of the Essence tinted moisturiser.
Like I said on the review of the tinted moisturiser, you can't get Essence products in the UK unfortunately, but if you go onto the Cosnova website, it tells you where they do stock Essence (and Catrice products) in Europe.   

So that is it for my review. I really love this moisturiser, so much in fact that I got two whilst on holiday! 
For €2.49, I think this it is an excellent product, especially for those with younger skin. 

I hope you enjoyed my review let me know if you have tried out Essence products before.
Thank you very much.
Love,
Claire xx



No comments:

Post a Comment