Friday, 13 July 2012

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Review!


Hi Everyone!
Today I want to do a review for you on the Chanel Perfection Lumiere foundation in '10 Beige'.

I went to the Chanel counter recently and asked if I could have a sample of one of their foundations. I love any beauty brand that do samples as I think that, that is the only way for them to draw you into their products, so when the lady said 'Sure, thats fine!', I was very excited. 
The lady at the counter thought that the Perfection Lumiere in '10 Beige' would be best for me and so she sent me away with a little sample of it. 
This is what the Chanel website say about this foundation:

"PERFECTION LUMIÈRE controls every detail of a perfect complexion to offer a tailor-made result, a model of perfection by CHANEL.

Its light, fluid texture glides on seamlessly with adjustable yet lightweight coverage for perfect results.

The skin-embracing texture becomes one with the face, following its every movement. Its Perfect Skin Affinity complex ensures a second-skin effect and perfect foundation hold for 15 hours."

The first thing I noticed was that the foundation had a nice smell to it. Not too over-powering, but it was still there. 
The foundation has a medium consistency but is light, like Chanel say and does provide a lightweight coverage.
Top: Mac Pro Longwear foundation NC15. Bottom: Chanel Perfection Lumiere foundation '10 Beige'
As you can see from the picture, the Chanel foundation is much more yellow based than the Mac Pro Longwear. They are similar consistencies and coverage wise they are very similar - light/medium but buildable, which I love.
 So the top picture I have no make-up on, just moisturiser. The bottom picture shows one layer of the Chanel Perfection Lumiere, applied with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush. The colour match is quite good, however I think it may be a touch too dark in winter.
The foundation gives my quite a natural finish which I like, as I initially thought the foundation was meant to be a matte finish.
It has covered quite a bit of the redness and evened out my skin quite well.
Overall, what I do like about the product is the natural finish, the fact it was incredibly easy to blend and the lightweight feel of it.

Now onto what I DON'T like about the product.
I have combination skin, and with my Mac Pro Longwear foundation I feel that my t-zone (forehead, nose and chin), don't get oily throughout the day, despite my switch in skin care to Liz Earle. However, with the Perfection Lumiere, I feel that my skin does get oily. This I hate because at the end of the day my skin feels oily and just generally yucky!
Next is the colour range. '10 Beige' is an ok match for my NC15 skin, I just wish Chanel had a better range of lighter shades for their foundations, as they all do run quite dark.
Lastly is the price. This sample was free, however to buy a 30ml bottle, it is £34! I know Chanel is expensive, but even so. 

To sum it up, I am really glad I tried this foundation. I definitely like it, I don't love it though. I probably prefer my Mac Pro Longwear foundation, especially as its £10 cheaper!
I might purchase this is the future, but for now I think I will stick with my Mac foundation.

Let me know if you've tried this foundation, and if so, what did you think of it?
Love,
Claire xx



No comments:

Post a Comment