Tuesday, 26 June 2012

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush - Exposed!

Hi Everyone!
Hope you are all well today. 
I want to do a review on my Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in 'Exposed'. I got this on a trip to New York earlier in June from Sephora for $25 as I had heard so much hype about these blushes. I was very excited when I went to look at them, however I was torn between 'Exposed' or 'Glisten'. In the end I went with 'Exposed' as I haven't got a colour like it!
 The packaging is plastic and comes with a mirror which I think is really handy if you are travelling and want to re-touch your make-up. I love how the colour of the packaging represents the colour of the blush as it means you can quickly distinguish which colour is which. It is also very compact so perfect for travelling.


The colour itself I find quite hard to describe. In some light it looks like a dusky pink, in others it looks almost like a bronzer. However, I find it is a perfect "everyday" colour and really suits my fair skintone - but I do think it would suit a range of skin tones and as it is a very wearable colour!
On the Sephora website, it describes the blushes as:

"Infused with natural clay harvested from the banks of the Amazon River and naturally baked by the sun, this nutrient-rich blush benefits all skin types for a fade-free flawless finish for an amazing 12 hours. Inspired by Tarte's bestselling shades of cheek stains and lip tints, the colors range from soft to vivid to suit a wide variety of skintones. For oily skin types, Amazonian clay minimizes oil in and around pores to balance skin and keep product in place. Those with dry skin will benefit from the clay's nourishing and hydrating properties, which naturally restore skin's moisture."

I am not sure about the claim to 'minimise oil in and around pores' for oily skin or the claim to 'nourish and hydrate' dry skin. However, I definitely think as there is such a good range of colours, you will find a colour to suit your skintone.
Tarte say that the blush will last 12 hours on the skin. I personally am not sure about 12 hours as it will vary depending your skin type. However, I have combination skin type and from putting my make-up on at 7.30am for school to 5.30p.m when I'm sat at home, it definitely is still noticeable on the skin and still looks really nice on the skin. I don't think you need to re-touch the blush either as it doesn't fade throughout the day.

Overall I love this blush and for $25 (about £16) I think it is worth it. 'Exposed' is a lovely colour but I would also love to try out many of the other colours as they are all so beautiful. On my skin it lasts a whole day and really complements my skin tone (NC15 in Mac).
Money very well spent!

I hope you enjoyed this review, any questions or requests please leave them down below. Thank you for reading and have a good week!
Claire xx


2 comments:

  1. every time i stop into ulta a consider buying this blush! i love the colorful packaging, and it looks so promising! aghhh i just don't like the price though :( $25 for a stinkin' blush? really??
    cute little blog, by the way! i love it!!

    -alexandra
    http://alexisinodak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean it is a lot of money just for a blush - but I have to say they are worth it! And thank you for commenting, I have just checked out your blog and it is great - I have followed.
    Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete