Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Real Techniques Stippling Brush Review!

Hi Everyone!
Today I want to do I review on my much used Real Techniques Stippling Brush. I purchased this about 2 months ago and have used it most days for my liquid foundation. I love it! I got this from Boots for £11.99 which at first I was a bit put off by, but I knew I really wanted a stippling brush and I had heard amazing things about the Real Techniques brushes that I thought 'oh well' I'll just go for it!


The brush itself is really soft, however with heavy use this softness fades over time sadly, and is the perfect size for applying foundation or blush/bronzer to your cheeks. I personally love using this for my liquid foundation (I currently use Mac's pro-longwear) as it blends it effortlessly and flawlessly. I like to dot my foundation over my face, stipple it over all over my face using the brush and then in circular motions, blend all the foundation in. I have never tried using it for my blush, however I think it would work particularly well with cream/liquid blushes.
L to R: Real Techniques Stippling brush, Real Techniques Buffing brush and Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki.
 Like I said the brush head is the perfect size for applying foundation and is also a medium density which I like for liquid foundations - for reference it is more dense than the Real Techniques buffing brush but not as dense as the Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki brush and is smaller than both of these brushes. The brush has also never shed which is what helps make an amazing brush for me.
On the Real Techniques website, it describes this brush as:

"This dual-fiber brush is the trade secret for creating airbrushed, high-definition results with all types of makeup:
look pixel-perfect even in harsh light
ultra-plush, synthetic taklon bristles are hand-cut and 100% cruelty-free
self-standing for easy storage
extended aluminum handle is light and easy to use" 
    If you already have good skin, this brush will definitely make your foundation look flawless, it is worth the money as you can tell it is really good quality. 
    I love the fact this brush never makes my foundation look streaky or patchy, which I regularly found with traditional foundation brushes.
    I love Real Technique brushes and will be doing a review on the powder brush soon.

    Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed the review. 
    Please comment down below if you have any questions or requests or if you just want to make a nice comment and follow if you haven't already followed.

    Love
    Claire xx


    2 comments:

    1. I have been looking for a stippling brush for a while and I think I might just go and purchase this one now! Thanks!

      http://www.eye-love-beauty.com

      ReplyDelete
    2. Your welcome :) I hope you love it as much as I do!
      Claire x

      ReplyDelete