Friday, 15 June 2012

New York Haul!!

Hi Guys!
Today I thought I would share with you what I got when I went to New York earlier in the month - I had an amazing time and do miss the city all ready. Enjoy! 

So first I was very excited to go into Sephora on 5th Avenue as it was my very first time going into one!
I was able to get hold of the Korres Lip Butter in 'Jasmine' which is a gorgeous sheer pink colour. I haven't used it much yet so can't comment on the product. I got this for $12 (about £7.66).

I got my first NARS product which was a NARS blush. It is a gorgeous pink/coral colour which I love for summer. This was $28 (about £17.89)

I had heard so much hype about the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes that I just had to pick one up. I got the colour 'Exposed' which is a pretty darker pink which I think would complement many skin tones. This was $25 (about £15.96)

Lastly from Sephora I got their glass nail file for $12 (about £7.66) which is supposed to be healthier for your nails than a regular file. I also thought it looked very pretty!
From top of triangle going clockwise: Bahama Mama, In Stitches and Fun in the Gondola.

I was very excited when we went into Duane Reade (a drugstore in the USA) due to my brother needing some hair gel as I discovered they sold Essie nail polishes for only $8!!!!! Thats only £5.11 each. I am in love with these nail polishes - they are such beautiful colours, they apply well and last a good 4 days without chipping. 


I also went to Forever 21 on 34th street which I actually found quite disappointing - I guess it was just this season. However I did pick up a couple of pieces which I am really happy with!


I got this love heart vest top in a size 'Small' which I thought would be great for summer. I paid about $12 or so for it (about £7.66)




Lastly from F21 I got this beautiful gold and pearl necklace which I do really love as Im obsessed with gold jewelry. I got this for $8 (about £5.10)




 On our last full day, me and my mum discovered a chain shop called 'Banana Republic', which we fell in love with!


Now this photo actually doesn't do this cardigan justice. It is a bright yellow, short sleeved cardigan which I am obsessing over. It looks really flattering on my figure and looks great with a basic white top underneath and dark denim jeans. A must for summer! I got this in a size 'Extra Small' and paid $49.50 for it.















The next piece I got from 'Banana Republic' was this basic white vest as I wanted a really good fitting top to go underneath other tops for layering etc. I got this in a size 'Small' and paid $20 for it.













The last piece I got was a bit of a splurge. Nearing the end of our holiday, me and my mum decided to go into a lovely department store called 'Lord & Taylor' - We managed to go around the 1st floor at of about 10! So I picked up the Michael Kors handbag which I love so much!


It is an across the body bag in tan with the Michael Kors logo as a buckle on the front. I think it is a perfect size for going out shopping or if you were going out to dinner. 










What I love about this bag is the built in purse which means you dont have to carry around another purse full of your money and receipts. It also has a zip pocket at the front then a larger zip pocket at the back. The only annoying thing which I wish this bag had is another internal smaller zip pocket for coins etc.



Okay guys that completes my New York haul. I hope you found this interesting and please stay tuned for more!
Thank you for reading,
Claire x

No comments:

Post a Comment