Thursday, 14 June 2012

My Face Routine!

Hi Everyone!
I want to share with you my current face routine which I do for going out and school. It is simple but helps covers my imperfections whilst still looking natural. Enjoy!


So first step is I apply my Mac Pro Longwear foundation in NC15 which I talked about in my previous post. I love using the Real Techniques stippling brush for applying this because it blends the foundation flawlessly, giving an even coverage. After, I apply my Mac Pro Longwear concealer in NC15  under my eyes - I like to blend using my fingers then with my MAC 217 blend to make sure the concealer is blended with my foundation! This concealer covers my dark circles really well and doesn't settle into any fine lines.



I then powder my face using the Maybelline Dream Matte powder in Rose Ivory 02. This powder is good - it doesn't look cakey and helps mattify my face. I love using the Real Techniques powder brush to apply my powder as it is really soft.

Clockwise going from the top left: No7 Mineral Perfection blush - '10 Soft Damson', Maybelline Dream Touch Blush - '01 Apricot', Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour blush - 'Exposed' 

 I then like to apply a blush to my cheeks to add colour. This is just a selection of my blushes as I like to use a different blush each day! I use the Sigma Large Angled Contour brush F40 which I love due to being angled as it makes applying blush much easier then with a regular rounded brush.

I then apply my Natural Collection LashLength in Brown/Black to my lashes and the Miss Sporty Just Clear mascara to my brows to neaten them up. I love this because as I don't pluck my eyebrows due to them being naturally shaped, the clear mascara helps to 'tidy' them up a bit after a long nights sleep!
Lastly I apply the Mac Tinted Lip Conditioner in Petty Pink. I use this for school as it gives a natural colour to the lips and stays on for most of the day. However when I go out I like applying a lipstick or lipgloss for a more fun look!

From top to the bottom: Real Techniques Powder brush and then Stippling brush, Sigma Large Angled Contour F40 brush and MAC 217 brush.

Okay, so these are the brushes I use and have mentioned. I got the two Real Technique brushes from Boots and the Sigma brush from a website called 'Cocktail Cosmetics' which I highly recommend - they do a range of different make-up brush brands and their shipping is very quick.

So that wraps up my current face routine, I hope you enjoyed reading this and stay tuned for more! 

Claire x

No comments:

Post a Comment