Sunday, 24 June 2012

Lea Stafford Hair Growth Treatment Review!

Hi Everyone!
Today I am going to be doing a review on the Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment. I mentioned this product in my last post - "The 7 Deadly Sins of Beauty Tag!"and promised you guys I would do a full review on it!
So I purchased this product from Boots for £7.99, which I don't think is too bad considering the brand and the quantity of the product (a good 200ml per tube). On the Boots website, it describes this product as:

"If the earth's not nourished, you'll never grow beautiful flowers" is the philosophy behind Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment.  Its vital hair and scalp complex helps to reduce hair loss.  It improves follicle health which in turn increases the ability of the hair to anchor to the scalp. 
The soothing formulation reduces irritation and moisturises the scalp.  It addresses hair and scalp ageing at a cellular level whilst providing an improvement in tensile strength to give body and texture by penetrating the hair reaching the inner cortex.  Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment also improves the volume and feel of the hair. 
Firstly, the reason why I bought this product was because I felt that my hair was thinning out, so I stopped using heat on it and purchased this in the hope it would stimulate the growth of my hair. At first I was very skeptical but after using it for several weeks I did begin to notice a difference.


First of all I have to say I love the packaging of this product - a gorgeous vibrant pink! When I first used this, the first thing I noticed was the smell. It smells really nice like a salon, almost quite floral.















The actual product itself is slightly pink (to match the packaging) and has a thick, smooth consistency.  To use it says to: 
"After shampooing simply scoop out the equivalent of an egg into the palms of your hands, massage into hair from roots to ends and leave for 5 minutes. Rinse out and then condition as normal."





I personally don't think you need to condition after using this product as it conditions your hair itself. 
I like to get an egg sized amount like it suggests and run it through my hair and leave it for several minutes. I try to do this once a week, however I find it quite a hassle to put it in, wait for 5 minutes and then give it a good rinse out for 5 minutes or so - If you don't rinse all of it out, your hair will dry looking oily and greasy!
However, if I do do it properly, when my hair has dried it feels much softer and looks silkier. After using it for several weeks 2 - 3 times a week, I did notice my hair was thinning out much less! This may have also been because I was no longer using heat on it, but I still do think it made a difference. I also noticed that my hair was growing slightly faster which I was impressed with as normally my hair grows slowly, reaches a certain point and then stops growing - which I find highly annoying! I will continue to use this product and may be re-purchase it - I just find it such a big commitment (I know I am lazy!).
I do recommend it if you are finding your hair to be thinning out or want to grow it longer or just want a really good leave-in hair conditioner. It may not work for everyone as everyone's hair is different, but luckily it worked for me!
I hope you found this review helpful and thank you for reading.
Claire xx




No comments:

Post a Comment